Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Poor Proteas, all forgotten

The poor Proteas. Not only have they had to watch glumly as Springbok-fever reached new heights, knowing that they themselves gave up two opportunities this year to receive the same treatment (well, okay, perhaps not quite the same - cricket simply doesn't inspire the same level of frenzy in the greater populace as rugby does - but similar, at any rate); but then, to add insult to that cruel injury, we all go and forget that they're even playing! They're over in Pakistan right now, risking life and limb as bombers strike a mere 800km away, and we see fit to just forget about them? What a horrible nation of fickle sports-supporters we are.

As it turns out, perhaps it's better that we don't pay too much attention right now: they're 197 all out after 49.2 overs. Paki Power seems to be kicking in (bit of a mixed sporting metaphor there, but you get the idea).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog and found it interesting! I have an art blog here in San Diego and would like to invite you to visit and enjoy and comment.

I hope you are up to it? Thank you and I hope to see you soon =)

Francisco Castelo Branco said...

HI

I saw your blog and i think is interesting

I have a blog also
I would like a opinion.....

the adress is www.olhardireito.blogspot.com

I am a student law

I have a translate tool